Índice de contenidos
Account Based Marketing (Account Based Marketing):
It is a type of marketing focused on one company or several companies (accounts) and personalized marketing and sales efforts are coordinated to open doors and deepen engagement in specific accounts. The campaigns are personalized for each account so the results are higher than with other marketing strategies for B2B.
It allows the marketing and sales teams to be aligned due to the customization of each account and work together, adapt the campaigns or programs, messages or publications that will lead to the target audience. By combining efforts and resources, marketing and sales can participate and convert more efficiently.
1. ABM offers a better experience for customers as the content is focused on them.
2. It does not focus on capturing leads or attracting a large number of prospects, an issue that uses more resources and wastes time.
3. The Marketing department works in conjunction with Sales in accounts (companies) and agreed objectives.
4. Understand that decisions in B2B purchases are influenced by more than one person, so we try to approach the people who decide as well as those who influence decisions.
5. Provides a more complete view of the customer buying process.
6. Because it is directed to specific accounts, it makes better management of resources as well as the measurement of results, making it easier to know how the performance of each campaign is going.
7. Because it is a strategy focused on the needs of specific buyers, it allows for greater engagement.
Studies that support its importance:
- According to an Altera Group survey, 97% of participants said this tactic brought a higher ROI to other forms of marketing.
- According to Salesforce, for more than 90% of B2B customers the volume of research on a solution increases according to price.
- An Aberdeen survey found that 75% of customers prefer personalized offers.
- According to ITSMA, 84% of companies using ABM say it offers a higher ROI than other marketing campaigns.
How to align sales and marketing
1. Through clear and continuous communication between both.
2. A joint planning, in which both parties explain and understand the role, strengths and difficulties that each one faces in the customer’s purchase process and both functions can be better integrated.
3. Integrate the content strategy published from the company page as well as the profiles of the sellers, the republications and even the publications of the sellers themselves.
4. Clear identification of objectives and continuous analysis of results to optimize actions.
Types of account-based marketing:
According to ITSMA (Information Technology Services Marketing Association), there are three main approaches of ABM, which are:
It is an individual approach. Strategic accounts for the company are investigated and studied and relationships are built with representatives as well as publications, campaigns and personalized actions that reflect how well each target account is known.
They are campaigns, publications and personalized actions but based on similar groups, mainly small groups that are similar in terms of location, size and similar need and that allows to facilitate the strategy since several accounts can be registered at the same time and learn from each one to optimize the approach for the others.
It is a combination of the strategic and the Lite, where the strategies of the campaigns and actions to be used are adapted.